Student Loan Issues
Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles’ consumer work focuses on assisting clients who cannot afford to repay their student loans or who have attended for-profit colleges that engaged in predatory, deceptive or illegal practices.
We may be able to help you if:
- You are in default on your student loans;
- You cannot afford your monthly student loan payments;
- You went to a college that closed;
- You went to a college that you believe lied to you or did not provide what it promised;
- You have student loans and you are disabled;
- You are facing wage garnishments, Social Security offsets, or tax refunds seizures because you are in default on your federal student loans;
- You have been sued for repayment on your student loans or by your school; or
- You have other student loan-related questions or problems.
If you are eligible, we may be able to tell you about your rights and options, help you fill out required paperwork, invite you to a free legal clinic, and in some cases represent you.
Call us at 800-399-4529 to see if we can help.