All LAFLA offices will be closed from Friday, December 22, 2023, through Monday, January 1, 2024. Our offices will reopen on Tuesday, January 2, 2024.
Our Self-Help Centers and Domestic Violence Clinics will remain open. For more information on available services click here.
Todas las oficinas de LAFLA estarán cerradas desde el viernes 22 de diciembre del 2023 hasta el lunes 1 de enero del 2024. Nuestras oficinas reabrirán el martes 2 de enero del 2024.
Nuestros Centros de Acceso Legal de Autoayuda y Clínicas de Violencia Doméstica permanecerán abiertos. Para obtener más información sobre los servicios disponibles, haga clic aquí.
POSITION: Paralegal – Client Intake
SALARY: $41,846.15 – $49,902.31/annually DOE, with excellent benefits
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Continuous until position is filled
Are you interested in joining an organization dedicated to increasing access to justice while addressing systemic inequities among the most vulnerable members of the Greater Los Angeles area? If yes, LAFLA is the place for you!
The Organization: LAFLA is a nonprofit law firm that protects and advances the rights of the most underserved—leveling the playing field and ensuring that everyone can have access to the justice system. With more than 90 years of service, LAFLA is the first and most experienced legal aid organization in Greater Los Angeles. LAFLA has more than 150 employees, including more than 70 attorneys, who provide free services and resources on a broad range of civil legal issues that impact healthy, safety, and self-sufficiency. Every year, LAFLA helps more than 100,000 people find their voice, regain control of their lives, and build a brighter future. Our unique combination of neighborhood offices, self-help centers at courthouses, and domestic violence clinics puts LAFLA on the frontlines in communities at the forefront of change. LAFLA also engages in impact litigation to help enact long-term systemic change—actively collaborating with a network of public and private partners to expand access to justice, identify needs in the communities we serve, and change laws and policies that adversely affect the underserved. For more information, please visit www.lafla.org
LAFLA is currently accepting applications for the position of Intake Paralegal.
NOTE – All positions are subject to funding; ongoing funding or employment cannot be assured.
• A four (4) year college degree or Paralegal Certificate.
• One (1) year relevant work or volunteer experience preferred.
• Experience interviewing individuals in crisis and/or assisting individuals who have low-income in a service setting.
• Some knowledge of landlord/tenant law, family law, government benefits law, or immigration law preferred.
• Excellent customer service and written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-motivated, organized, and ability to manage a high-volume caseload.
• Comfortable with case management systems and other technology.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
• Deliver client-centered and trauma-informed assistance to clients experiencing a legal crisis with their housing, safety, government benefits, or other legal matters.
• Interview, advise, and provide limited legal services to clients under the direct supervision of a licensed attorney.
• Assist walk-in applicants and cover the front desk of LAFLA’s community offices, as needed.
• Maintain timely and organized case notes and files.
• Collaborate effectively as part of a team that includes attorneys, paralegals, support staff, volunteers, and students.
• Participate in community outreach projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY – Please submit a cover letter and resume online to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Intake Paralegal – Client Intake” in the subject line.
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD – A nine-month introductory period will be required.
VACCINATION POLICY AND COVID-19 PROTOCOLS – LAFLA requires all staff, including new hires, to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and have received at least one COVID-19 booster shot. If hired, all employees must present proof of vaccination by their start date.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination because of race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, age, religion, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, marital or registered domestic partners status, or any other legally protected status.
The company is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified candidates and employees pursuant to applicable law. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation as part of the application process or expect to require an accommodation if hired, please contact email@example.com.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION – LAFLA offers a diverse environment with competitive compensation based on comparable public interest salaries. We also offer a generous benefits package for full-time employees including medical,
dental, and vision for employees and dependents, life insurance, long-term disability and long-term care insurance, and 403(b) retirement plan. Eligible employees may also qualify for bilingual supplements, law student loan reimbursements, and a cell phone stipend.