Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles’ government benefits advocacy keeps poor individuals and families housed, clothed, fed, and taken care of when they are sick. If you need help with applying for government benefits or have been wrongly denied benefits, we may be able to help you. We offer direct representation to eligible clients, representing them in negotiations with government agencies, administrative hearings or appeals in court.
We offer help with the following benefits programs:
- CalWORKs (California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids)
- Foster Care
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Social Security Disability Income (SSDI)
- CAPI (State Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants)
- CalFresh (Food Stamps)
- In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS)
- General Relief
We also help veterans get the help they need with VA benefits. For more information on our veterans programs, click here.
We also offer clinics where we may be able to offer you legal advice. Click here to see our upcoming clinics.
Please call 800-399-4529 to see if we may be able to help.