LAFLA is proud to serve low-income Veterans and their families throughout Los Angeles County. We can help anyone who served in the United States military, regardless of discharge status, length of service, or era of service. We also help some low-income family members of Veterans. To learn if you qualify for free legal help, contact us.
We believe that all Veterans deserve a steady source of income, a safe and stable home, and access to the healthcare that they need to thrive. We also believe that Veterans who have tickets, criminal convictions, and less-than-honorable discharges deserve a fresh start.
Here’s what we do:
- Get VA benefits;
- Get Social Security & other income, health, and food benefits;
- Deal with housing & landlord problems;
- Deal with Section 8 and HUD-VASH problems;
- Clear criminal records;
- Take care of tickets;
- Reinstate driver’s licenses;
- Upgrade military discharges;
- Cancel or discharge student loans;
- Reduce back child support;
- And more.
We also work with other lawyers at LAFLA to help Veterans with employment problems, to help Veterans with immigration problems, and to help Veterans experiencing domestic violence.