Every year, LAFLA provides free, high-quality legal services to more than 100,000 people living in poverty across Greater Los Angeles. Our unique combination of neighborhood offices, self-help centers at courthouses, and domestic violence clinics puts LAFLA on the front lines in vulnerable communities, and at the forefront of change.
Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles seeks to achieve equal justice for people living in poverty across Greater Los Angeles. We change lives through direct representation, systems change, and community education.
To achieve our mission, LAFLA’s expert team of attorneys, paralegals and support staff works with the community in a variety of ways:
- Provides direct representation
- Offers counsel and advice
- Provides referrals
- Educates the community about their legal rights through workshops and seminars
LAFLA’s legal priorities encompass:
- Supporting families
- Preserving quality, affordable housing
- Maintaining economic stability
- Promoting safety, security, and health
- Serving populations with special vulnerabilities
- Protecting human and civil rights
For detailed information on LAFLA’s services, please visit our services section.
LAFLA's Impact on Greater Los Angeles
calls taken at the
LAFLA call center